What is the Ayurvedic Garbha Sanskar?
• It has been developed over 40 years into its current form by Dr.
Balaji Tambe and his team of doctors and therapists.
• It involves traditional diet planning, the use of herbal preparations
and natural tonics, yoga, music, certain behavioural practices, and
medicines as and when required. It uses all these methods in
harmony to create physical, emotional and environmental
conditions that will help the child that is to be born.
• It starts with preparations that can begin a year or more before
conception, cover pregnancy, facilitate easy and natural childbirth
and will guide parents until their child is two years old. In short, it
covers conception, pregnancy and child development.
The aims of the Ayurvedic Garbha Sanskar
For both parents-to-be
• A balanced hormonal state and excellent reproductive cells
• Emotional and psychological preparation before conception
• Guidelines for the preparation of conception
• The book outlines the possible obstacles to childbirth. For
solutions though, Dr Tambe's team of doctors at the
Atmasantulana village must be contacted. They have an
outstanding record in this regard.
For the mother
• Physical, emotional and psychological confidence before and
after conception. Perfectly regulated menstrual cycles before
• Practices that take care of and harmonize all the possible
activities to be regulated during pregnancy - food, exercise,
environment, personal care, psychological conditioning. These
include the use of yoga and healing music. Healing music is
perhaps one of the most important parts of this process.
• Excellent guidelines to work towards a natural, complication-free
and stress free delivery.
• Detailed post-delivery care. This is aimed at quick return to
hormonal balance, trouble free lactation, balanced breast milk and
detailed information about the baby's needs. All of this leads to
confident and satisfying motherhood, even if a woman has had
her first child.
• Food practices, therapy (eg. methods of massage etc.), and
health care practices for the baby. This includes remedies for any
small health concerns for the baby.
• Exercises, applications and tonics that help the mother retain
strength through breastfeeding and the numerous other activities
undertaken for the baby.
• Guidance on the baby's daily routine, general hygiene,
environmental enhancements and precautions. Guidance on Child
Development Milestones and other necessary health activities like
For the child
• A comfortable, secure and fulfilling stay in the womb.
• Greater psychological development in the womb with the help of
• Specific nutrition at specific points of foetal development through
the mother's regulated diet. In fact, a month-wise diet is
• A natural vaginal delivery, which is far less traumatic compared to
the shock of sudden exposure to the outside environment in a
• An informed mother, who is also in the optimum physical and
psychological state to nurture the baby.
• Fewer illnesses during childhood. Excellent development of the
intellect from an early age. Rapid developmental milestone
PRODUCTS related to the AYurvedic Garbha Sanskar
When a sizable number of women, several years ago, began to request assistance with the process, we felt the need to develop the following tools and formulations
Health Formulations - Tonics (such as special kinds of chyavanprash and other herbal preparations) for both parents-to-be before conception, and for mothers during and after pregnancy. These have proved extremely successful providers of essential nutrients like naturally digestible calcium and iron to pregnant mothers.
The `Garbha Sanskar' music album-Sound waves are known to reach and affect the foetus profoundly. The album contains scientifically researched music and chants for both the mother and the child in her womb.
The Ayurvedic Garbha Sanskar - The numerous published articles (in the Marathi daily newspaper, Sakal), extensive data collection, and notes and studies over the last 40 years culminated in this book. The Ayurvedic Garbha Sanskar describes in detail the complete knowledge of this art and science of pregnancy. It has turned into a genuine handbook of child bearing, and we hope it will be passed on from one generation to the next.